Don’t let the constant drumming bad news of our anemic economy get you down. You can still grow your business in a slow economy. While big businesses are cutting back and figuring ways to save money by sacrificing customer service, your small business can pick up their dissatisfied customers. Here are some tips to grow your small business in a down economy.
- Maintain a positive and growth attitude
- Revise your business plan for the new reality
- Be more proactive and flexible
- Become more organized and disciplined
- Focus on your local market, but think globally for growth
- Be more involved in your community to take advantage of the increased exposure
- Get social – use social media to promote your business by word of mouth and provide even better customer service
- Provide solutions – don’t just focus on selling products/services…use your products/services to provide solutions for your customers and potential customers
- Lead with innovations – market your business by promoting new incentives and products/services
- Focus on your loyal customers and keep them happy
- Provide a easy way for customers to provide feedback, and then act on it!
The key to growing your business in a down economy is satisfying your customer’s needs, providing great customer service, developing and growing a strong loyal customer base.
How are you growing your business? Would love to read your thoughts in the comments!