There are many reasons to take on extra side jobs. Sometimes we need to make extra money because we want to save up for something, or simply have extra spending money. Sometimes it’s just for the pure enjoyment of working on a job we love. And for some, it’s to test the waters and see if we have the entrepreneur “chops.” For many it’s most likely a combination of reasons.
Whatever your reasons, here are some ideas to make extra income:
- Pet sitting/walker
- Pet grooming
- Lawn mowing/ Lawn maintenance
- House or Business cleaning
- Selling homemade goods on a site like Etsy
- Kids party organizer
- Senior care
- Personal baker
- Personal cook
- Personal spa treatments
- Substitute teacher
- Specialized skill services – like teaching a foreign language, sewing, teaching music, etc.
- Local delivery service
- Personal car washer/detailer
- Sell baked goods
- Personal chauffeur
- Garage sales
- Handy fix-it person
- Direct sales opportunities (this can be part time or full time, depending on how much money you want to make)
You might even want to partner with your older kids. It’s a great life lesson, and a great way to teach finances, goal setting and math in a practical application.
Do you have other ideas to generate extra income? Do you use life experiences to teach your children about finances and math concepts? Would love to read your thoughts in the comments