Have you ever thought about joining a direct selling company? You may have heard that direct sellers enjoy making their own hours, earning extra income, and the friendship that comes with working with people you enjoy. But how do you get started? And is it too good to be true? Let’s explore:
First, what is direct selling?
Direct selling is the sale of a consumer product or service, person-to-person, away from a fixed retail location, marketed through independent sales representatives who are sometimes also referred to as consultants, distributors or other titles. Just about any product or service can be purchased through direct selling somewhere in the world. Many people think of cosmetics, wellness products and home décor as products that are often sold through direct sales, but add to that countless other product categories including kitchen products, jewelry, clothing, organic gardening supplies, spa products, scrapbooking supplies, rubber stamps and much, much more. (Source: Direct Selling 411)
Second, what’s the process of becoming a direct seller?
- Many people begin by falling in love with a line of products/services and the company that provides them.
- Sign up for the business kit from the direct selling company. Make sure there is a product buyback option.
- Work with a mentor and follow the step by step training provided by the company.
- Start talking to friends, family and neighbors about the products/services you love.
- Share your experiences about using the products/services with people.
- Set up meetings/parties to make sales.
- Find people who love the products/services as much as you and help them get started.
- Build a team and expand your business with people who want to own their own direct selling businesses.
- Become a leader in your industry, continue your training and operate a successful business.
When you love a product or service, you naturally tell everyone you know. You want them to benefit like you have. In direct selling that process is weaved into a business system provided by a direct sales company. Word of mouth selling or promotion is one of the oldest and simplest business models. If you love something and can share it with others you can be a direct seller.
To learn more, check out this video about direct selling.
What else do people need to know about becoming a direct seller? Have you done it? Would love to read your thoughts in the comments below.