Here are some tips for promoting your business by word of mouth
- Join a local event, get your business in the local media and get people talking positively about your business.
- Use social networks to connect with your customers, engage in conversations, use it to provide better customer service, and build relationships and buzz.
- Make each interaction with your business a memorable one, and you’ll make your business memorable. Follow up with a thank you call or card. Offer a free branded gift and other memorable services.
- Offer your customers an opportunity to comment, or take a poll and act upon their suggestions to create buzz.
- Ask loyal customers and local influencers to refer your business to others and give them a reward for it.
- Treat your customers like VIPs and share their testimonials wherever you can.
- Offer customized/personalized customer service to create a buzz.
- Ask for reviews from loyal customers and local influencers.
- Once in a while, surprise your customers with extras and tell them to share it with others. Give them a discount that they can share with another to help bring new customers.
- Start a campaign to help others in your community and create an online forum to encourage conversation and positive word of mouth.
- Become the town “know it all.” Post and host on your site interesting facts about your town and residents to encourage conversations.
- Offer contests, start trends and other promotions to generate buzz and build brand recognition.
Be creative and have fun with this. Word of mouth news will spread if it’s fun and helpful!
How are you generating word of mouth for your business? Start here! In the comments, share with us what makes your business unique and great!