Recently, Inc. magazine had an article entitled What a 9 Year Old Can Teach You About Selling. The main point of the article is that you need a clear and memorable message about your products/services that all buyers can easily and quickly understand. Here are three questions similar to the questions posed in the article:
- What do you do?
- Why should I buy from you?
- Why don’t I do it myself or get someone else?
Come up with answers to these questions that will help all buyers easily and quickly understand your products/services.
For example – Here are our answers to why you should support the DSEF:
- What do you do? We’re an organization that provides useful information and support that empowers direct sellers and small businesses to succeed.
- Why should I buy from you? We help direct sellers and small businesses every day to keep their focus on succeeding and we’ve been doing it successfully since 1978.
- Why don’t I do it myself or get someone else? Imagine trying to sort through all the current business information and apply it to your business (while still running your business!). We distill all that information for you, work as your help desk, promote the benefits of the direct selling industry and help small businesses like yours succeed.
When thinking about your answers, focus on using simple day to day language, on solving problems, on your personal strengths and why you do what you do. Consumers are bombarded by information overload. So, keep your message short, answer those three questions for them and chances are they’ll remember you when they are ready to purchase.
How would you answer these 3 questions about your business? Share your answers with us in the comments below. What other suggestions or comments would you like to share?
Free e-book “Business Owner’s Road Map to Success.” It has over 50 pages of techniques for everything a small business owner needs to master, from business planning and ethical selling to a success mindset. It’s all there and it’s free for you. To get it, just “Like” our Facebook Page here: http://on.fb.me/KsIN6P Pass it on!