Have you felt like your business has slowed down a bit over the summer? If so, now is the time to turn that around. The holiday sales season is coming, and what you do now can help make your holiday season as productive as possible. Here are some tips.
- Make sure your goals are written down, and that you plan specific, daily activities to reach those goals. Having a list of things you need to accomplish each day will help you move in a positive direction. Do whatever is necessary to keep moving forward towards your goals.
- Stay flexible! While it’s important to have goals and planned activities, you also need to stay alert to opportunities that come. Perhaps you are offered a networking opportunity, or a chance to team up with another business to cross-promote. Be flexible and take advantage of the opportunities that come your way.
- Realize that your business is a building process, and you may not have all the momentum you want immediately. That’s OK. The work you do today will bring tomorrow’s opportunities. Take it one step at a time, and be sure to manage your risk so that the steps that you take benefit your business.
- Get rid of the excuses. Do you want excuses, or do you want a prosperous business? Presuming the latter, get to work and develop a “no excuses” mentality. You have a list each day…keep working until it’s done. this is what will help you build the momentum you need for a productive selling season.
- Focus. The most successful entrepreneurs are those that stay focused on what they want to achieve. So be laser focused and unwavering. Don’t let circumstances keep you from what you want to achieve. For example, if you want to schedule 8 sales events in a month, keep making phone calls and marketing until you have them on the calendar. Persistence is what builds momentum. Don’t give up!
By making a plan and sticking with it, you will build the kind of business that you want. So stay focused on your goals, and get it done. You will either find a way to achieve what you want or you will find an excuse. Be the kind of business owner that gets it done.
What will you do today to jump start your business? Please share with us in the comments.