Remember that old shampoo commercial reminding us, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression”? As any direct seller knows, a first impression is crucial for attracting and retaining new customers. In order to impress for success, focus on two components: your relationships with your customers and your own personal business style.
Relationships – The beauty of your business is the personal relationship you build with others. Here are some tips for nurturing it:
- Tailor your services to fit your customer’s individual needs. For example, that new mom with an infant at home? She would welcome free delivery!
- Reach out to your customers regularly, not just to promote your product, but also for constructive feedback. Even the most successful business owners have room for improvement!
- Make it easy, fast, and convenient for customers to contact you for any reason. Time is a precious thing, and you will certainly impress by making your business dealings simple and friendly.
- Put yourself in the customer’s role. Why would YOU buy from YOU?
- Get to know your customers. Treat them like friends instead of one of many potential purchases.
- Follow up after a transaction is made. Are they satisfied? If not, how can you make it right?
- Conduct business with integrity. If something goes wrong, admit your mistake and correct it immediately. Customers will appreciate your commitment to their satisfaction and keep coming back.
Personal style – Get to know your own personal strengths and incorporate them into your business.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative. Find your inner MacGyver; solve problems and market yourself in outside-the-box ways. After all, there’s only one you!
- Plan ahead. Set specific goals for how you can include new ideas into your daily business.
- Dress to impress. When conducting business in person, you should always look the part. By doing so, you will exude a confidence that appeals to others. Go ahead and take pride in your appearance.
- Smile! It seems simple, but a positive impression starts with the expression on your face. So brighten someone’s day with a warm smile that says you are happy to be interacting with them and you love what you do.
You started this business because you believe in your product or service. When you show customers that you genuinely care, you leave them with a remarkable impression and put yourself on the path to success.
Free e-book “Business Owner’s Road Map to Success.” It has over 50 pages of techniques for everything a small business owner needs to master, from business planning and ethical selling to a success mindset. It’s all there and it’s free for you. To get it, just “Like” our Facebook Page here: http://on.fb.me/KsIN6P Pass it on!