When you’re in business for yourself, marketing is incredibly important. You need to get the word out about your business, and there are specific strategies you can use to market yourself effectively.
Before you begin, have a plan, target audience and goal in mind. For instance, a discount or promotion to reward your loyal clients, or provide free delivery for clients who are new moms is a plan, aimed at a targeted audience and has specific goals. Include in your plan a way to measure your return on investment. This way you’ll know if it worked and how well it worked.
Here are some tips to help you market your business:
- Become a contributing expert for a blog or local news media.
- Start a Facebook page for your town and be a positive voice for what’s happening in your area.
- Start a YouTube channel and provide tours of your town.
- Partner with other businesses in your area to increase word of mouth.
- Offer workshops, teleseminars or webinars
- Display signage on your cars, t-shirts and temporary signs on lawns (with permission).
- Organize a charity collection or fund raiser.
- Hand out tip cards to solve problems that relate to your business.
- Sponsor free car washes.
- Sponsor free sidewalk address number painting.
- Sponsor a street performer/artist to promote your business.
- Promote causes and charities in your area.
- Sponsor free workshops to help people in your community, like a math or personal defense workshop.
- Make yourself and your business memorable. Be known as the lollipop giver.
- Showcase testimonials in your marketing.
- Hold special promotions like client of the month.
The best marketing is providing your customers with consistent excellence and memorable service that they’ll tell their friends about.
How do you market your business? Please share in the comments!