Many of our goals are similar to those of our neighbors, friends and family. Most of us would like a nice house, a new car and more stuff. But are these things what dreams are made of? Are these our true goals? Or are we following what everyone else wants?
Sometimes it’s important to stop and ask yourself: How do I know what I really want? How do I find my OWN purpose and passion?
Here are some practical steps to help you get started:
- Don’t be afraid to dream. Give yourself a few hours today and daydream about what you want to accomplish. Visualize, imagine success, and write down those activities and/or achievements.
- Make a list of what makes you smile, delights you and gets your heart pumping.
- Review your list and pick one to focus on.
- Briefly, write down what it is and clearly describe how it looks, smells and tastes like. Use this process to turn your vision into words and bring it into your reality. Give it life.
- Now that you have a rough idea of what it is, do some more research. Answer who, what, when, where, why and how.
- As you continue to define and think about your new goal, start to get yourself excited and make it your own.
- Once you have a concrete goal, follow a plan to achieve it. Here’s a simple way to create a plan: http://dsef.org/2011/09/12/the-power-of-a-plan-and-30-days/
Accomplishing goals that really matter to you will not only bring you true success, but offer deeper personal satisfaction. Like with any journey, the beginning is filled with excitement, you’ll open greater opportunities along the way, and in the end you’ll create a lifetime of memories.
So, what’s your purpose and passion? How’s your journey going? We would love to hear about it. Please share your thoughts and insights in the comments below.
Free e-book “Business Owner’s Road Map to Success.” It has over 50 pages of techniques for everything a small business owner needs to master, from business planning and ethical selling to a success mindset. It’s all there and it’s free for you. To get it, just “Like” our Facebook Page here: http://on.fb.me/KsIN6P Pass it on!