Whether you are just starting out or simply looking to light a fire under your bottom line, it may be time to look for more ways to generate business. Don’t forget about the tried and true, such as word-of-mouth marketing and social media, but you should also look for alternate avenues to attract more customers and increase your profit. Read on for some helpful suggestions.
- Use scripts to be more effective. Flying by the seat of your pants isn’t always a good idea, and using scripts can help prepare you for the unexpected. For example, before reaching out to a prospect, write out a few responses to questions the person may ask or concerns that he or she may express. The act of writing it down and even practicing saying it will help you exude the confidence and capability needed to close the deal. Find out more about how and when to use scripts by clicking here.
- Find new leads. Have a plan to find new leads everyday. This can be done in several different ways including via social media, reaching out to current customers, joining local clubs, activities and partnering up with other local business owners. For example, if you write a blog, be sure to end it by asking for questions, feedback and other ideas in the comments section. Respond personally to as many as you can, especially when someone leaves you outstanding feedback, which could possibly be turned into a testimonial. Finally, encourage your readers to share your blog with their friends for even further exposure.
- Reach out to current customers for reorders. Reorders should be an additional income stream. Be a good record keeper. You most likely have some kind of purchase history for your customers; take a look at this history for a certain time period such as the last six months. Reach out personally to a few customers. Ask them how satisfied they are with their purchase and suggest other products or services that complement something they’ve already bought. Such a phone call can not only bring you reorders, but also helps build and maintain an important business relationship.
- Upselling is a highly effective way to increase profit, especially if you are an expert when it comes to your products and services. For instance, a customer wants to purchase a foot scrub from your health and beauty business. Before she checks out, suggest that she add the massaging cream and travel size moisturizer for a complete foot care kit. Offer to make a gift basket out of it for her, and now you’ve given her the idea that these products would make a great present. The worst thing you can hear is no, but you’ll never find out unless you ask.
- Reach out to the community by hosting an event. Open houses, new product demo nights, and holiday celebrations can be the perfect opportunities to socialize more personally with the very people you want to patronize your business. Choose a theme or topic, invite local residents and business owners, provide refreshments and product samples, and most importantly, show your sincere desire to serve their best interests. Hosting events is a great way to introduce or re-introduce yourself to your customers and prospects.
What other tips do you have for generating new business? Please share your ideas below!
Free e-book “Business Owner’s Road Map to Success.” It has over 50 pages of techniques for everything a small business owner needs to master, from business planning and ethical selling to a success mindset. It’s all there and it’s free for you. To get it, just “Like” our Facebook Page here: http://on.fb.me/KsIN6P Pass it on!