Maybe you can. In fact, that’s how many entrepreneurs get started. But you don’t have to be an entrepreneur to want to make some extra spending money. The bonus is doing something that you love!
Here are some steps to help you get started:
- If you have more than one idea, start by imagining them and pick the idea that brings the biggest smile to your face.
- Next, do some research:
- Is there an obvious way to make income with what you love?
- Talk to other people with the same interest and see if there’s a void that needs to be filled.
- Take a look at what’s in the market now and ask yourself if you could that and/or do it better.
- Talk to a diverse group of people about your income producing idea and ask if any of them would purchase something like that from you.
- Ask yourself what’s the least expensive way to start that will still provide greater value to potential customers.
The key is to keep it simple. You want to share your passion, avoid wasting money, and earn some extra spending money. In the end, you want to still love what you do while you gain some financial benefits. You may be surprise to find yourself a budding entrepreneur, or you may simply want to keep a good thing going.
Do you love what you do? How did you get started with your business? Would love to read your thoughts in the comments below!